If you are an instructor at UAF and would like to learn more about open education resources or open education practice, please consider the following learning pathways.
OER Training Arena & Innovation Quest
This a challenge will benefit your teaching practice, your students, and your bottom line. Join other OER Heros in an effort to vanquish high-cost textbooks and materials in your course. Engage with OER experts on campus to make your courses more affordable for your students without anxiety over copyright and IP rights trouble.
We are currently running this opportunity at UAF during the spring of 2021 and the deadline has passed. Stay tuned for an asynchronous open to the public version!
Open@UAF Quick Starts
- About OER – What are Open Education Resources exactly?
- Finding OER – Where to start when looking for OER?
- Sharing OER – What are best practices for sharing OER?
Other Opportunities for Learning
- OER 101 – This is a self-paced, unfacilitated introductory course created by Open UAS, a program of Egan Library and The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT).
- Creative Commons Certification for Educators – an excellent in-depth course about CC licences, open education practice, open education resources, copyright and lots more.
- iTeachU Teaching Resources – Topics include open education & resources, copyright & fair use, equitable teaching practice and more.
- UAF eCampus Instructional Designers are always excited to talk and brainstorm all things open education. Join us for a 1:1 Virtual Open Lab session or other faculty development opportunity.